In case of loss of the passport or expiration of its validity for return to Russia the certificate on return to the Russian Federation is issued
For registration of the certificate on return to Russia in case of loss of the passport during temporary stay abroad citizens of Russia
submit the following documents:
– police report confirming the fact of the appeal about the loss of the passport;
– the Russian documents allowing to identify the identity of the applicant, to establish its place of stay or the residence within the Russian Federation and to confirm citizenship of the Russian Federation (the internal passport, the military ID, the business card with the photo, the driver’s license, etc.), or written statements of not less than 2 citizens of the Russian Federation confirming the identity of the applicant, signatures on statements shall be certified by the notary;
– three identical passport-size photographs (if you are travelling with one of the parents of minor children over 6 years old, please also attach two identical children’s photos);
– Money order for $ 130 as payment, for the issuance of a certificate of return (within two weeks). In case of urgent registration (within a week) the amount of payment is
For registration of the certificate of return to Russia in case of expiration of the passport during temporary stay abroad citizens of Russia submit the following documents:
– original passport, which has expired;
– three identical passport size photos;
– Money order for $ 130 as payment, for the issuance of a certificate of return (within two weeks). In case of urgent registration (within a week) the amount of payment is $ 250.
The certificate of return is issued for a period of up to 14 days, and within 3 days from the date of arrival to the place of stay or residence in Russia must be handed over to the organization that issued the lost passport.
On the territory of Russia the certificate with the stamp of the checkpoint can be used by a citizen of Russia within 10 days from the date of crossing the state border as an identity document.
Telephone for information: